Tuesday, January 19, 2010

If these walls could talk.....


they'd more than likely whisper a woeful "Pssst.... a little paint in here please". But thankfully they can't and curiously enough, I'm not the least bit bothered by my dining room walls being void of paint. I've actually grown accustomed to the smattering of white dots (filled nail holes) and the brush marks of tested paint colors (all varying shades of white of course)!
Two years ago....gulp!! when I peeled away the cutesy yellow and blue wallpaper, I had all intentions of painting the walls. But when it was taking me too long to decide on "just the right shade of white" I put the room back together "per say" so that I wouldn't have to look at the mess. Consequently, I've been procrastinating ever since.

Perhaps now that I've posted these pictures and blogged about my worst kept decorating secret (or lack thereof) I'll garner some encouragement and much needed motivation. Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

The Smith Hotel said...

Hi Diane,
I think your place is Beautiful! Wow, I can't tell that it's unfinished! Just wanted to let you know that I am doing my first ever giveaway on my blog! Pop on over and check it out! http://thesmithhotel-thesmithhotel.blogspot.com/
Thanks for sharing,
Jody

Garden Place Design said...

I LOVE the white. Looks so fresh and calming! Great job!!!
Fran