Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thanks to My Dear Aunt Freida....

for sending me a box full of wonderful linens, lace, doilies, placemats and napkins. Because of her thoughtfulness and generosity, I was able to finally make some use of an old shabby tea kettle I had purchased some time ago.

Thanks also to Sandi at A Cottage Muse where I bought this oh so pretty Paris tag and old key

Such a sad little tea kettle before its makeover



and just look at all the beautiful materials I have left to work with.... my mind is spinning with ideas!

4 comments:

Lady Pamela said...

What a fabulous idea, planting an old tea kettle. The lace sets it off beautifully. I will be on the look out for a big old kettle now. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kom Achterom said...

What a romantic beauty!!
i love it!!
i wish you a verry lovely weekend
Yolanda

Sandi said...

That is beautiful! I love your tea kettle makeover! That tag with keys is lovely too!
:)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Sweet little makeover! Thanks for the shout out too!! Just back from vacation and catching up on all my favorite blogs!