Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Birds of a Feather.....

Flock Together!!

How adorable hanging from my newly purchased tinsel tree!!

But alas, it appears I'm not the only blogger that came across these music note song birds at Tar-jay......

Fly on over to a few of my faves who also included these little cuties in a recent post:

Donna at D. Reynes
Kathy at Kate's Place
Sandi at Wayside Treasures

I'm thoroughly enjoying this little guy perched atop a barn-like birdhouse that is the backdrop for my manger this year.

And this little guy nesting in a wreath that's hanging from a mirror in my family room.

They were only a $1 each so I bought ten and THAT was by going to four different stores - YES, they made that much of an impression on me!

Unfortunately, Tar-jay doesn't sell them on-line otherwise I would have ordered more. I did, however, check out ebay and the only seller I found wanted $6 for ONE.... Looks like ten is IT for ME!


8 comments:

Sandi said...

So funny Diane! Us bloggers sure like our birdies don't we?? I was lucky enough to find seven at one store and that is the only store I have been too. I will definitely be on the lookout for more though when I get to another Tar Jay!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love these cute little music note birdies.
I don't blame you for buying up as many as you could.

hugs
Sissie

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Hi Diane, I love those cute birds you found! I can't believe they only cost $1!

I just did a post yesterday on my blog showing some songbirds I made. Mine are not as 3-dimensional as yours, but they were free and easy to make. You can see them here:
http://relovedrubbish.blogspot.com/2010/11/songbirds.html

xoxo,
Amanda

Simple Home said...

Love your photos. I did a post about this little bird last week. I only found one bird the day I went, but I stopped at another Target a couple of days ago, and bought up 8 of them :-)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Marcia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I'm in trouble...haven't found any of these yet but looks like you scooped them all up! Hee Hee!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

your little birdies are so darling!

Ana said...

Hi Diane,
Guilty as charged...I too purchased these cuties at Tar-jay :-) I ♥ Birds and just couldn't pass them up. Too cute. Your tinsel tree looks beauitful. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, at $1 each I suspect I'm probably too late to try and find them at my Tar-jay:(

I would have snatched up each and every one of them too. I was lucky enough to order the vintage sheet mini stars from Pottery Barn for $12 and free shipping so I'm happy about that.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I adore visiting yours as well.

Have a great week!

Abby:)