Wednesday, June 2, 2010

White Wednesday

I'm here for my 3rd joining of White Wednesday.... which pales in comparison to the 50th! for the creator (Kathleen of Faded Charm) of this fun post idea that's caught on like wild fire!!
I purchased this dresser mirror (the beveled glass sold me) in its original oak finish a number of years ago when I was "into" natural woods. For a long while it sat in my basement collecting dust. Then.....when the tides turned and white became my passion, it was promptly painted.....along with anything else I could get my hands on!


Hanging it right side up just didn't look right so as you can see....I hung it upside down. Because the room it's hanging in has an ocean-like theme...I added a ribbon strung with sand dollars and star fish to complete the look.

6 comments:

thesimpledaze said...

Diane I love the mirror and what a clever idea on hanging it.The ribbon of sand dollars and star fish is unique.Thanks for sharing.I know what you mean about painting everything whit because that is exactly what I've started doing and I love it.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Diane...this looks wonderful!! Thanks for the sweet compliment on my new header too!!

Sandi said...

Love this idea Diane! I would have never thought of hanging it upside down, but it looks wonderful!!
Happy WW!
Blessings~
PS I love beveled mirrors too!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

It's darling with the seashells and I love it upside down... whimsical and pretty at the same time!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I like it... and the top could be the perfect spot to display a picture! Of course the seashells are the most wonderful touch!

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Hi Diane! I've been following your blog for some time now and I LOVE it!!! You are a huge favorite! Your photos and ideas are incredible. I've just now started blogging myself. Check it out when you have a moment at www.ashabbymomentintime.blogspot.com
I wanted to tell you that I'm the dealer at the Wrentham Country Store that you bought that shabby white cupboard from awhile back (that you blogged about) I was sooo tickled to see it there and hear your plans for it. Did you find the perfect place for it?