Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Most Favorite Piece.....

This cabinet won my heart at the Brimfield Antique Fair many years ago....

Such precious detail....

The only thing I wasn't crazy about were the drawer pulls so I replaced them with a wired ribbon.... so easy, so cheap!

I thoroughly enjoy decorating and re-decorating the upper cabinet while the lower cabinet houses craft supplies and various sundries

It was covered with a yellowish/brown film and smelled of smoke. So we put it out in the yard, washed and hosed it down and left it in the sun all day. The result.... CLEAN and white! And the best part.... the paint crackled...YUP... all on its own from drying in the sun!!

I put the cabinet at the end of my upstairs hallway (which is a balcony so I'm able to enjoy it from the first floor as well)














I know.... SO many pictures... but I couldn't resist sharing them ALL with you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cabinet! I love the way the paint crackled! :)

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

I can see why you fell in love with it! This cabinet is so gorgeous! I love the weathered white paint with the little antique keyhole. All of your treasures are displayed perfectly.

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

It may be a lot of photos, but I enjoyed EVERY one of them and took in all the little details. What a great treasure you have! And it's terrific that you have a display area and hidden functional area in the same cabinet. I may try your de-smelling technique on an old medicine cabinet I have (when the SNOW clears!). Thanks so much for sharing,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I love your gorgeous cabinet,and all the beautiful treasures inside.

Kathy

Fishtail Cottage said...

I really adore this piece. The bow handles are such a creative & beautiful idea! thank you for sharing, i'm a visual gal so love all the pictures you shared....xoox

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

This is a wonderful cabinet with perfect chippiness!!!

hugs
Sissie

ShabbyESP said...

I love that cabinet!!! What a great find and how great she turned out after her time in the sun!!!
Suzann

erin's art and gardens said...

crackled on its own?! that's fantastic......great hutch.

Sandi said...

What a beautiful cabinet and I love the ribbon in place of drawer pulls. I did that on a chest of drawers with muslin that I had stamped with sepia paint. Love it!! {Now I think I need a balcony} LOL
Blessings~

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh how beautiful! I love how you have it decorated. It is so pretty. I really enjoy your blog.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Diane! Mary Ellen and I were just talking about Brimfield! We can't wait til the weather is warmer and outdoor pickins are within our reach!

Love this cabinet and how you've dressed her up!