Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bistro Table and Chairs

I took a drive this weekend to a "new to me" shop called Vintage Thymes Market.
They only open one weekend a month for a themed event. This weekend's theme was Farmhouse Holiday.

It's a small shop and by the time I got there the place was p-a-c-k-e-d! I did the quick once over and didn't see anything that caught my eye (except for what was already in the arms of other shoppers of course!). So I stepped out onto the porch for some air and to let the place empty out a bit so I could get a better look and there was this bistro table.

The price tag read "bistro table $75". Then I noticed another tag that read "$11 off today only"...Then I saw the four matching bistro chairs folded and stacked against the store front (sans price tags).

I calmly (right....) walked inside, stood in the doorway and while holding my breath I yelled out in a shaky voice to the woman at the counter...."ARE THE BISTRO CHAIRS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE TABLE?"

And over the din of the chattering shoppers came my answer.... Oh YES!!!

I made my way to the counter (suddenly caring less about the crowd) and happily paid $64 - even used cash!


and when I got home I couldn't wait to set it up and take some photos to share with all of you.

Yes, I'm more than likely going to paint it white but for now I'll enjoy the green.


15 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What a bargain! Enjoy your new find! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Talk about being in the right place at the right time, Diane! What a great find and it's such a nice set.

Josie said...

I love your find! Super cute! I love it when a good deal finds me!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Wow! Looks like you got the deal of the day! Love the color but it will look great white too:)Congratulations!!!!
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Blondie's Journal said...

I love it, Diane! I would have scooped it up in a second...what a bargain. And it's so cute!! Great job!

XO,
Janie

Alaina said...

I think you got a great deal. Although don't you just hate it when anything you would have wanted is already snatched up.

Amy Chalmers said...

oh I love it Diane! It is so farmhousey french! Enjoy your new set!

Anonymous said...

Such a great find Diane! I love bistro sets and yours is so charming - and you could use it in so many different places - lucky you!!

Amy Kinser said...

What a great table you found and for such a great price. Lovin it!!!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Oh Diane,

What an amazing deal!!! Such a wonderful find, and at a great price makes it even better!!! Enjoy!


Hugs,
Jessie

Anonymous said...

This is such an incredible find, Diane! Lucky, happy you!!!
:)
~ Zuzu

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a great deal!! Going to try and get there one month!

Anonymous said...

What a bargain! I would have fought you for it had I been there. Just kidding!!
Blessings~
Sandi@Wayside Treasures

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

You did a good job at keeping your composure. Wow - $64 for such a great set! I can't wait to see what you do with it next...

Olde Whitby Cottage said...

Love the bistro set! What a steal!