Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm done sulking....

And happy to show you what I DID buy on the way home from New Hampshire on Saturday.

These muslin squares (1 1/2" square) with stamped numbers. I especially like them because whoever made them took the time to sew the edges to prevent additional fraying.

I bought two sets of 12 at $3.00/set (sure I could have made these myself but why when they were done for me!). I've already made use of one set and will post on that soon.

Got this sweet little framed mirror for $9.00. I gave it a couple of coats of Chantilly Lace and roughed it up a bit (it was a creamy, icky yellow).

It fit perfectly underneath one of my kitchen cabinets.

I also bought a few of the little potted plants you see in the reflection... I'm not sure though what they are called.

And lastly, I got these chairs ($40 each) that I fell head over heals in love with - they're going out to my garden shed once the weather breaks.

And I don't have to do a thing to them.... love them just they way they are!


So that's it...and I guess in hindsight, it was a good thing I didn't buy anything at the White Home Market.... otherwise, I wouldn't have bought these goodies.

16 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Such lovely finds! I look forward to seeing the chairs out in the garden when the weather warms up. I love the photo of the mirror reflecting the plant and pretty white bowl!

wandalee said...

Diane - great finds! Now, I need to know where you "found" them! LOL! Always looking for other places to shop in NH/MA - with the look of "White Home" especially!

Wanda in NH

Victoria said...

Ohhhhhh, I love that chair!!! I want one! That is gorgeous! So are your other whites, love the mirror:)

Sandi said...

I love all your goodies Diane! Those chairs are gorgeous and that mirror...beautiful!!! I didn't do near as well on my trip yesterday, but I still had fun. I think I enjoyed taking photos more than purchasing. I was also kinda tight with the money since hubby has been off work a couple days and we didn't know how long
that would last. He went back today! Too bad I didn't know that yesterday while I was on my outing! lol
Blessings~

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Serendipity indeed! You were meant to have these treasures instead. LOVE the frame and gorgeous garden chairs. Great finds!
- Susan

Unknown said...

well you certainly made up for your "bust" at the white home market! these are some gorgeous finds! I especially love the chairs!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Diane...love all your new treasures (especially the mirror)!!

Unknown said...

What great finds...love the mirror, tell Pal hello form Mya...

Patie

michelle said...

Those are all wonderful finds!! The chairs are gorgeous and yes they are perfect the way they are! I love the mirror, just beautiful detail and the squares are adorable! I would say you did very well!! :)

awal.ny said...

Great finds, love the mirror and those chairs are adorable.

Ana said...

Awesome finds Diane...I especially love those chairs. I would have snatched them in a sec :-) BTW, I was thrilled to hear you also had the big-eyed girl portraits...Isn't it so much fun when you find something that brings back awesome memories? Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Those chairs are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the mirror and little number tags too.

Amanda
xoxo

Deb said...

Oh my gosh...I just love everything! Can't wait to see what you did with the sweet muslin squares! ~Deb~

Anonymous said...

I love everything. And I've read your next post, so I know what you've been doing. Love it.

Cheers,
Lisa x

Rebecca said...

Hello
This is so pretty! Love what you did with the squares. And your treasures are wonderful, but I know how disappointing it can be when all the good stuff has sold signs on them. It happens to the best of us
Have a great day
Rebecca

vie à la campagne said...

C'est très beau!