Sunday, November 15, 2009

When it came time to redecorate this guest room.....








I knew it had to be blue. Finding just the right blue on the other hand took weeks of paint chip samples taped to the wall. Daily I would enter the room to peel away a chip that didn't make the cut until finally I settled on Glass Bead (#570E-1 by Behr). The chip looked a bit lighter than I thought I wanted but my husband and I knew from experience that once on the wall, with two coats of paint, it would show a bit darker. Glass Bead it was and to my delight....perfect!

The headboard is an old fireplace mantel that I bought at an antique shop in Northboro. I had it dipped and stripped of many coats of paint and then painted it White Dove (#OC-17 by Benjamin Moore). My husband secured it to the wall and voila! the double bed fit pefectly into the opening.

The dresser was purchased at the Brimfield Antique Fair. It was already white but in need of freshening up so I painted it Super White (#02 by Benjamin Moore). The rocker was purchased at a consignment shop on Cape Cod which I also painted Super White along with the foot stool.

The bedding, British Rose, is from the Rachell Ashwell Simply Shabby Chic Collection which can be found reasonably priced at Target stores. My sister Judy was so inspired by my guest room makeover that she went ahead and redecorated her master bedroom the same. Did I mind? No way! To quote Charles Caleb Colton.... "Imitation is the sincerest from of flattery."

No comments: